Wednesday, January 8, 2020

10mm Macedonians Old Glory & Newline Designs part II

        Finished the 1st of 3 Phalangites. These have the Macedonian purple shield.

        The spears are a small pain. The dude all have pre drilled hands. I had primed them all dearest yellow. But....when you stick them in the paint is scraped off. So you end up repainting them. Next time no primer.
        Also they are just steel rods. No butt spike or spear tip. They will break off before you bend them. Spear tips would be nice. You would have holes in your hands placing them.
       
       The second group of Phalangites. These will be a silver shield group. Of course all the spears need painting. Then I need to wash them, get them mounted, flock, and sealed. Maybe by Friday?
        I thought I ran out of spears. There is no way I am dumb enough to order dudes without spears. Or not enough spears. Most of tonight was spent digging in the ancients box. I found them.
        The 1st "Hit" counter for combat is in development. I will most likely cast them up. The other Idea is to build battle field trophy things for counters. They would not be cast-able.
       The 3rd group of Phalangites are right behind. Next week I guess. Or Saturday. I think I am free, free Saturday. Everyone has shit to do, but me and I am not involved in their shit.

         I had two bags, plus a baggie from someone's collection. There are a ton of them. Not the best casts, or I am spoiled by the last few baggies of dudes. The flash was bad enough I actual removed it. The base for the dudes were all uneven and lopsided. They took forever to clean and get mounted to sticks.

        This is the second half of dudes on sticks. Tonight when the prime can is warmed up, they will get primed. Then washed tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment