Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020 Yearly Plans and Goals



Paint, Sell, and stop buying collections or armies.

        **** No buying terrain. Only painting what I have.
        **** No buy armies or collections.
        **** Sell off the dust collecting items


Year's Goals




Build a Wargaming Table
       I have the plans, the space, and only time is needed. This will be the largest draw on time this year. First the rug will have to be removed. Then the floor tiled. Because once it is built what do I do with it? Finally build a 7 x 5 table that is splittable into 2.5 x 7, with storage.


Host Games
        Host games at the house. GM a game or two at Fall In, FoF and Warmaster/Hail Caesar ancients

Paint 1100+ Minis
        This year I want to beat last year's record of 1100+ painted. There were large chunks of last year where nothing got done. If I use my time more wisely, the amount minis and armies I can get done? The speed painting skills have improved. This should be easy.

3D printing
       Sell the current printers. Replace the filament printer with a Prussia. Begin to print off terrain. Replace the SLR printer with something that does not eat consumables.

Tables
       Completely rebuild the spare GW table. I want to create a custom river GW board.
       Rehab the GW FW city fight board. It has taken a beating both the board and the buildings. I will need to make one custom tile. Then link up all the roads with each tile. The buildings will get insert bases for the gaps between the roads. The buildings themselves will get all the chips repaired.
       Build a Sengoku table.
       Start to build fences from ACW.

Painting Project Priority







1.) 10mm Ancients
2.) 15mm ACW
3.) Samurai

Secondary projects
Warmaster Chaos
20mm Modern
20mm Sudan Anglo-Egyptain










Warmaster Ancients
          The plan is to get armies on the table, teach some dudes to play, and host some historical battles. I have enough late Republican Romans to host currently. More armies, enemies of Rome are needed. 
         Macedonians/SuccessorsPyrrhus are all roughly the same army composition. I have everything I need. The first 3 groups of phalangites have been started.
         Carthaginians are maybe a 3rd of the way done. I have everything in stock. I have a basing scheme. The major hang up will be the same. The shields! I will be hand painting every one. The transfers in combination with the shield bosses make using transfers a MoFo.
         Numidians; They could provide a another army. A large number of forces used them and they fielded their own armies. I have maybe 3-5 units done, + elephants. I think it would be easy enough to kit them out.  


Warmaster 
        Samurai; I have a boat load of dudes. Now that I have an army that can take the field, what to do with the boat load of dudes. I will start to finish historical armies. Takeda, Uesugi, Tokugawa, Oda, and Ikko Ikki. Also there is all the terrain. A Sengoku (warring states period) table with an insert for the castle. Most the table will be river sections and rice paddies. I do have 20-30 Japanese houses and a temple complex to add in.
        The Chaos army was bought painted. No repainting will be done. 3 units needed to be painted and some minor repairs are needed. After that the army needs a few options. 6ish more units and done. 


Regimental Fire & Fury   15mm ACW

         This is a tall order. This will be the year's primary project. The collection did not survive storage, moving, moving, and storage. Plus part was purchased as a collection. About half is based incorrectly and those that are correct need repairs.

         The good news is, I have enough Infantry to field even large games. There is about 400 stands of both Union and Confederate infantry. I will need artillery cannons and limbers. Damaged guns and silenced gun markers will have to be made. I have 15 stands of Cavalry. The Cavalry will need a lot of help. Both Union and Confederate must be bulked out, dismounted troopers, horse holders. Disorder Cav markers need to be made.
         Stage one; Everything, pretty much, will need to be rebased. Stage two; Repair those damaged. Stage three; I will paint those needed to get it on the field.



20mm Colonial Sudan
       This project got shelved last year. It may get little attention this year also. I have enough to do a small skirmish. I want to do bigger battle with Ansar all over the place. When I do restart. Everything will need to be counted first. No sense in painting units that would be over sized. 
       The Ansar; There are about 600 more to go not including the Cavalry or Camel riders. The infantry are easier enough to paint. My speed painting skills have improved. It will all come down to project priority.


20mm Moderns
        This is an easy one. No mini painting! I want to check and inventory the minis. Then quickly retouch the terrain and get them on the table. Host a game at Fall In.

No comments:

Post a Comment