Monday, December 30, 2019

Warmaster Weekend


          This week I was covering Xmas vacation in Albany. The New England group was gaming Saturday. Way to close to pass up. I took my Tomb Kings and Blood Angels. The BAs never came out. I got two games of Warmaster in. 1st against Frank and the 2nd grudge match against Dave. Frank took his freshly painted Araby army. All proxies, from some Ape/African line.

        Pretty happy with the day. An Alexander favorite tactic was pulled. I find it very cool his strategy can work within a table top game. That is amazing! You can see the difficulty he would have experienced and the challenge of the complexity of the maneuver.

         Dave had his Dwarfs. We played the objective scenario. We both had the same number of objectives, but Dave broke my army for the win. it was close.
         The MVP was his flame cannons. They were mowing me down all game. Once he got 18 shots out of one. My Artillery brigade was chewing stands off and confusing units. But not enough to equal the flame cannons.
          I was able to swing the door with my Cavalry on the left flank. They tore up the Dwarf artillery brigade. The Cav wing forced dave to pull brigades from the center of his battle line. That created the Alexander opening and the Chariots when in. Unlike Alexander, my infantry failed to support and plug the hole in the salient. My birds pretty much sat the game out. The bone giant struggled to land hits. He got surrounded and crushed.

         I beat Frank. He give up in turn 5 with one break point left. He needed 7 more from me. Poor Frank, his entire right flank failed to active. All his Elephants and heavy Cavalry sat the game out. The flying carpets got shot and confused every turn.
        I sent out screens of my bowmen. The chariots and bone giant brigades waiting for the bait to be taken. Again the a gap in Frank's battle line developed and the Alexander charge went off. It was half hearted as part of the cavalry sat out on it. Tomb King Cavalry is junk. They bounced.

Only photos are from my game with Frank. I think they are in order by turns, maybe.












No comments:

Post a Comment