Monday, December 23, 2019

End of year clean up Part IV

         Short work weeks equal me sitting around. Time to put in some work and sort thru all the crap that has been piled up here and there. The place is a mess. I have been stick stuff every where. Part of the Fall In stuff never got stored correctly. There is item for ebay every where. 20mm colonials wandering around. And i dragged out the giant box of 10mm Ancients. Those little bastards are taking over. Plus my travel kit, I must of open the door and kicked it in.
         First step is to create some space. New book shelves. I bought 2, why I can't say. With one alone I will be set. It is not hard wood. Those start at 4 a piece. Sadly forced into one that I must assemble. Chip board new age crap. Time to re-engineer, I glued, clamped, and sunk 3 inch wood screws. An elephant could climb it now.
          The only up side is shelf placement can be selected. Due to those assholes that print over sized books one needs non uniform shelf spacing. Someone needs to throw those special individuals a beating. But 1st beat the extra special ass that prints in columns on pages.
         The Ancient Warfare got sorted and properly stored. All those books piled on top or standing on the side, now are set properly. With only one set up, I have tons of space.
         The Wargaming books are out of my room.
        The lighting has upgraded. I think my eyes are going. Lowes has LED 3 footers for 30 bucks. Two of them is like have a private sun.
Before
After

        Home Depot has plastic storage boxes on sale. 19 beans + Vet discount, they are a steal. They are the kind that can be mounted. I had smaller versions when I was living in New York. I failed to see their value and left them with the house. Ever sense I wish I kept them. The new ones I mounted to the blocks. Wall board would never had the lead they could contain. (and the ass that made them did not think to put the mounting holes stud distance apart.) Those concert screws are never coming out!
The drafting table got cleaned off and new project paper laid.
 The Fall In stuff got packed up. 1st the Desert box, 2nd the Egypt box, DZC table box
        The paint table's shelving got repositioned and sorted. This was more of a swear fest than anything. The way in which the anchors are set busted knuckles and things got smashed. And it took forever, 3 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment