Sunday, January 27, 2019

Net EA Tau Vs Deathwatch 3000pts



         Deathwatch is pretty straight forward marine list. They lack the normal SM options, the squads are 33% smaller, and the firepower they bring is better all around. This list is in development stage. I found nothing overpowering or made of cheese.
         The list, Kal took, contain a spaceship, two drop pods with tactical, 1 tactical in rhinos, storm troopers in chimeras with hydra, assault marines, tellie terrines, Thawks, and thunderbolts.
        My list; x2 Crisis, x2 broadsides, Mech FWs, FW in an Ocra, x2 PFs, Stealth, recon, x3 cudas. I forgot the PF had drones with them and never fielded a detachments of PFs. My plan was to use the cudas as AA. They didn't show up or force a area denial.I will exchange a set of cudas for one sky ray in the mech FWs and an extra suit in one of the crisis suit detachments.

The game ended turn 3 with me up 1 - 0. I took the biltz, never targeted or went after the BTS. In turn 4 I went after the termies with the FW & Ocra in an attempt to break them thru disrupt. I missed every disrupt shot. I should heave gone after the T&H. We were out of stream. The game ended 1 - 1. Tau BTS, Deathwatch TSNP.

The Tau dice were better than avg. The recon were extra lucky making 80% of their saves.


No comments:

Post a Comment