Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Epic Armageddon City Table part XI

The tiles are down. And board base coated. ****two tiles are missing.*****
         The rock faces and cracks were stained. Then the entire outcrop was dry brushed white, heavy washed with testers black wash. As soon as it was covered, a paper towel was used to lift it off.


         Those dam skulls. I know someone thought they were a great idea. Yet everyone tries to fill them in or cover them up. As a broken ground, rough/dangerous terrain idea, it sucks. A sunken road or sunken stream would have been so much better.
           I do not want a pond, swamp, puddle in the middle of my tile!
          Mine are filled in with railroad ballast. Primed, pure white glue, fine ballast, watered down white glue, ballast again, and watered down white glue again.
My ballast of choice mixed in with some kitty liter, stuffed into an old spice container.
 Looks like crap while your doing it. Still 1000 times better than skulls.
These are the first six realm of battle tiles. There are 3 more waiting for FW roads, after Fall In.


The realm of battle story;
         Over the years I have bought and sold maybe 5 realm of battle boards. 2 were commissions for a local club in Boston. Another I sold because I thought at the time they sucked and I was selling the two I had off. Then I bought one for 150 and was back to two with 3 extra tiles. I got a game room in the old house. Built an 8 by 6 table and had the idea I should have tiles enough to cover it.  I ended up with 14 battle tiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment