Friday, October 13, 2017

GW Realms of battle

         This was one of the tables snatched off eBay. I never did anything what it. While working on the City Table I got the bug to finish this one too. This time I stole the table idea from Luke's youtube channel.   I did not go totally desert on this one. This battle board needed to pull triple duty. warmaster, force on force, epic, maybe Africa/Sudan
Games Workshop battle board
        5 dollar 25lb bag of sand from Home Depot, 2 cans of dark brown spray paint, dark green and spring green flock (hand mixed with the sand), spray bottle, and quart semi gloss poly. Everything was sprayed dark brown. Then poly was brushed on. A shaker was used to flock it. The sand was the cheap shit. After the first tile, I found out the rocks in the sand were way too big. The sand mix needed to be sifted.
All the holes the large rock created had to be fixed.

Dam Skulls
          The skulls were filled in with the same method used for the city table. This time they look more like dried up watering holes.

         Following the railroader method, the tiles were coated with watered down PVA 3 times. They say it keeps the flock in place and prevents it from being rubbed off. This beast will get a proper testing at HMGS' Fall In.
        If it takes damage, it ok. I have save enough of the sand mix to repair any damage. Plus the damage it takes will allow me to adjust my method.

Matching terrain pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment