Monday, September 21, 2026

The original Samurai castles part I Muragame

 

    
                I had nothing on the schedule for half a week and nothing on the next week for half a week. So I made someone else do that bullshit. While I pissed off and went to Japan. I flew on miles and stayed at the factory hotel near Osaka. Then bounce around to every castle I could get to. The original ones. There are 12 in total

The location of all 12 original castles in Japan. The are many many more. These are the only ones that have survived. The rest have been rebuilt in modern times. I have been to 5 of them.
 Kochi, Muragame, Himeji, Hikone, and Matsumoto


                It is a steep hill walk. Steeper than inside a pyramid. My knees hurt going down.



                There is of course the standard city park around the original structure. There is only the building on top. The views are outstanding, but nothing else. No weapons or armor are here. The noteable feature is the extreme high walls. 60 meters.

                              

                Little bits from the castle museum.





No comments:

Post a Comment