Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sekigarhara

 


            I really had no idea where the battlefield was. This was my 9th or 10th trip to Japan. At least 4 of those were in Osaka for training. Sekigahara is wicked close. 1.5 hours by train, straight out of Osaka with a change at the end of the Kyoto line.


Major players

    

            The battle in stages.


                The  Samurai clans that changed sides.





            Site Museum


            There are no pictures or film of the displays. The film has some issues. It states things kicked off at 8am. Modern theory say 10am. They have Samurai charging on horses and volley firing. All of which didn't happen and the Samurai never performed such tactics.


                                                                East and West armies


Location of where units were on today's streets.

                From the observation deck. Everything happened within 2 km on the side of the field.


            Their comic book series of the battle. No English version is available.


            An artist depiction of a hill fort.



                Of course I won't be here for it!



1 comment:

  1. Really appreciate this post - I'm visiting that area next month

    ReplyDelete