Friday, October 1, 2021

Blood and Plunder "The Beginning"

 

            A seed was planted and the events of the following years fertilized it. It all started way back when I was still in Argentina. I would return every year for HMGS' Cold Wars and AdeptiCon. I could visit the family and get two Cons in all within one trip. Biggest bang for the buck. At AdeptiCon, I got a demo of the game. It was great, but I was done forever painting 28mm minis. The seed.

            Then three years ago serval things happen all at once.  First GamesCraft Minis had a sale. I got the hard back red leather Blood and Plunder book for 40 bucks. 

            My Doc (HM1) moved to St Augustine, Fl and we visited him and did the tourist stuff. Then that Xmas my Aunt asked for a few pirate books for Xmas. Next we went on a cruise that following February. There was a pirate night. We dressed up of course. March was Cold Wars, I got my Blood and Plunder book signed by the author. We went to see Doc again for his 60th.

            The CCP virus grounded all ops. There is only work! While traveling I start listening to the Pirate History Pod Cast. Then conditions loosened. All the way out to Little Wars and back. Also back and worth every week to NY.

                                                      

            I am free bitches. The canceled cruises were no longer. We cruised again, another pirate night. The wife goes crazy and the customs get upgraded for the trip. We see Doc again. 

           The kid and me hit up the fort, and pirate tourist shit. All the while the wife went shopping. When she found the pirate shop things went off the rails. The dude there is cool and creepy. There is a huge custom party that night. Pirate party. He gets her to model shit for his web page. She starts selling stuff for him. By the time we catch up to her, we can't get into the shop. There are bitches everywhere pirated right up. The store is emptying!

            Now you say "WTF" does all this bullshit have to do with Blood and Plunder gaming. Jack all except it got me to buy in. After giving up on 28mm totally. 440 later and boxes have started to rain down on me little house. That 440 ain't so much for boats, dudes, and terrain. Here I am back into 28mm.




No comments:

Post a Comment