Monday, October 14, 2019

Warmaster Weekends Hojo Samurai and Ronin




         115 dudes done. So close to the year goal of 1000 painted dudes. Half were waiting in the wings. I had "Matte sealer" issues. All the Hojo Cavalry and Samurai came out super glossy. I had tried every can in my room. Nothing would kill the shine. Ordered Testor dull and my order was canceled twice by different vendors. I got a Lowes cheap can and magic.
         48 Ronin, 4 units/12 stands, were completed on the road. There are Takeda samurai, Oda Ashigura with Yami and Ashigaru with Tempo awaiting a few hours of love.
   
       Which means I will be painted for HGMS' Fall In. All that is needed is to flock and tuff the bases. Another day at most.




         This go around I went or tried harder to represent the riot of color in Samurai dress. The Ronin are maybe over the top. While the Hojo Samurai are about right.

Hojo Cavalry

 Hojo Samurai

         My are a mixed bag. Within each base are mounted and foot Samurai and Ashigaru. Not that I was short Samurai, but this is the way they fought. Ashigaru supporting mounted Samurai. Mounted Samurai dismounting to fight on foot. Also the Hojo are not known for mounted warriors. They are known as castle builders.  (This is some what questionable. As every other army that fought dismounted had horse holders, attendants. There is no mention of those dudes. Nor examples on the screen art.)

Ronin

         The ronin mold has some issues. All of the swords are mis-shaped. If you try to trim or cut the flash down, they break or are gone by the time your done. So after the third one, I left them as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment