Sunday, December 10, 2023

Holland America ship condition "Birthday Cruise"

 

        Two years ago I went on Holland America with my Aunt. Our birthdays are days apart. Last year we went to the Army/ Navy game. This year I went with the Family and my mother. The idea came when I was out west. I have crossed the Atlantic 5 times. Always under water. I wanted the do a crossing. DCL is my first choice. They were 6K plus for just me. Holland was 6K for the 4 of us including air and hotels. And all we can drink! We also had 3 days in Rome kicking about.

        I am not a fan of HAL. I 1st went with them because it was my Aunt's line of choice. I complained home the whole time on how shit the service, food, and shows were. HAL goes places most don't. But they suck. One would have thought I learned the 1st time.

        We were on the Nieuw Statendam for 14 days. It had just left the yard a month or ago. The physical condition of the ship is terrible! For a ship fresh out of the yards it should be looking good. All things in working order.

        Easy simple things were wrong. Gun wales not draining. Bent broken rails, trim, rigging. Rust!


        All of this should have been handled in the yards. Doesn't stop with the yards. The crew is lazy. They have no pride in the ship. The Chiefs' mess needs a proper kicking. You would see this sort of bullshit everywhere. This example was here for 5 days before it was taken care of!
        HAL is not a total loss. The smoking pit is great. BB Kings' band is spectacular. HAL has a new once a cruise party called "Orange Night."







No comments:

Post a Comment