Tuesday, September 24, 2019

NetEA World Championships day 3



         No drunk-ness morning issues. The day started at 11 and everyone was pressed for time. Something to due with when the train for London left. No idea why we started so late. The time issue created a situation in which I either cheated myself or was cheated out of the last game.


Game One


         First game of the morning I got my choice, Orks. It was a drop Ork list. Two landas, one loaded with bikes, the other empty. My Orca was loaded with Suits. I won initiative and the rail heads blew away the little Stompas, stripped the shields, and blew the head off. The Suits engaged. We were tied for the roll off. Puta Madre! Snake eyes!
        That was the highlight of the game. The past day's luck returned. 0 - 3.

The Ork army was mostly custom.

Game Two

         Again I got my choice, Death Korp. They dude had 3 Mech Inf in Gorgons, 2 single shadow swords, 2 AA batteries, 1 grenadier, 2 T-bolts, and 1 Rough rider. Chose corners, his objectives were center board and my table edge. Mine were off center left. Path finders garrisoned in cover dead center. 

         My Cudas and skyways scared his planes into Cap. One stealth had in reserve keep the AA batteries and Grenadier busy. He double forward and remained stuck through turn two. I had range and marker lit. The 6 gorgons were down to 3 missing 1,1, and 2 DC. The shadow swords were missing 1 DC each. I lost 2 path finders, one stealth detachment, Orca, and one Cuda. With 5 activations left total in turn two time was called. I failed both my activations. He past two of three. The left flank mech inf crossed my half. The BTS moved between for defend the flag. 0 - 1

        Here is where I got cheated. No else stopped playing. I asked him to check with his captain, my captain said continue. Everyone continued to play out their games. TO said play on, he started picking up. But because some how "we", what is this we shit Custer, called it and he had 1 objective. I got doublely cheated. The loss was recorded as 0 - 5.

         I lost every game. The US placed last. The US won more games than any other team. If I had been able to tie once or win one. The team would have placed better. 

         I single handily sunk the team. Due to this a new award will created, The Honorary Matt Liddic Anchor award. It will be given out for to the one with no wins or the least wins.
       
         


2 comments:

  1. Tough weekend and tough dice! At least you represented the Adeptus Ineptus in style!
    Now that you're back we'll have to get a game in one of these weekends. Can be Titans hugging it out if you want a break from Epic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am traveling most this month. I don't want to fly with the titans. I could bring them with me during the 18-24th service call. Are you around that weekend? I would be in Albany that saturday, sunday in PA?

      Delete