Sunday, September 22, 2019

NetEA World Championships day 1

        Day one is actually two days, Thursday and Friday. It take a full day to get there including a red flight. No night, no sleeping equals one day.
        I rolled out at 1300 for my 1900 flight out of EWR. The 3 hour drive to EWR took 4. The car was dumped in day parking, bags checked, and thru security by 1hr 20min. EWR's security has to be the worst in the nation. The TSA pre check was as long as the regular. 
        20 minute raid at duty free for booze. Then chilling in the United club.

Duty Free

         The people were nice and friendly and they were on time for the flight. That was hard to believe. I got two bottles of Scotch for 112 bucks. 
         One 18 year old for 58 that should have been a hundred easy. The second a 15 year old for 54, that one is about a 65-70 dollar bottle. Everything else was grossly over priced.


United Club

        I fly so much for work. Airline free shit comes every year. United throws 2 club passes my way every year. Perfect time to burn them. The year is ending soon and if I fly again I will fly Delta. The passes are use it or loss it. Jon just happened to be kicking around. Which makes it harder to miss the flight if I am smashed in the club with my buddy!
        Except, United is a total shit show at Newark. This is the worst airport I ever flew through.  They own, own, 2 of 3 terminals at Newark. With 5 clubs, 1 Polaris, 2 full service, and 2 crap circus pop ups. The only full service in C terminal was full. No purchase passes, they say we are full. I had to breach with military ID. Then got a seat right at the bar. No wait. 
        The club is following the trend. It is busted. Sky miles are the same way. Draft beers are free, limited mixed drinks are free. The food was high quality. Now its is somewhere between shit and hippie, gains stealing junk.
        

United Airlines



          United is a shit airline. Maybe it is just me? Maybe I am spoiled by Delta? WTF United, I have flown with y'all before, a lot, and it was nice. Now your a budget airline? Upgrade, piss off. Military love, piss off. The seats are jammed into the plane as tight as they can. On Delta my knees never touch the seat infant of me. The dude in front of you leans back and he is in your lap. I was surprised the toilet was not coin operated! 
        Once there customs and security were easy. No wait for a cab, straight to the hotel to drop the bags. I was the guest of the day, +5000 points. And that was the biggest win of the weekend. We dumped the bags and walked to Queens station. 40 minutes later we were in Stirling.

        We went to the castle, Wallace monument, and Bannockburn battle field. The regimental museum was closed. There is nothing at the Battle field, even less than I remember. We walked 11-13 miles there.


        Then jumped into the train back to Glasgow. The train was full of teen girls dressed like hookers. Some rapper dude was preforming near the hotel. Once back in the city we jumped a cab to meet the others. There we proceeded to totally smashed. Beers were 2.5, but the Scottish chase each Scotch with a beer. I bought one round and had like 7 bought for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment