Saturday, October 20, 2018

Japan



         I am off to Japan for training. The factory over rode my vacation. No Fall In. Straight up cheated. I had hope and dreams of playing in the Warmaster and NetEA tourneys. I had late night drinking games set up after. All crushed
        As always I will be taking advantage of the situation. I have packed shit to paint at night. Its Japan, not Thailand. Plus the factory is in the mountains. And I have been there multiple times. No kid, No wife, Nothing to do. Time to paint in peace without guilt!

         Tau to sell and 20mm colonial Brits and 10mm romans. Hopefully completed in that order.
        As always my shit is loaded up in my GW case and jammed into my large bag. That GW case has been trucked all over the world, to war and back. That fucker has some miles on it, years of abuse. It is the only thing I have ever bought from GW that has earned its value back.
         No suffering on this trip. I've packed a box of CAO gear heads, fresh from CI.
A box of the cheap ones to hand out and golf balls. They love my balls! 

         I'll be rolling on Delta. They give me free bags most the time and I normally get upgraded. But this time the flight is packed full on the way out. No 1st class. Of course the tight asses won't spring for anything other than freight. Econo class. Fuck me. Its is going to be one painful flight riding with the cattle.
          Mixed bag on the SkyMiles. It seems like a blind dude throwing darts. This time all my bags are free. Upgraded Delta comfort on the first leg. No military in the SkyClub, but ohhh you got an AmEx card so discount. Hell I can eat and drink 25 buck worth easy.
         The no military any more is kind of fucked up, but I understand. We eat like horses and drink like fishes and no true SkyClub patron wants to be chilling with animals. I wreck, wreck the bathroom. The spanish lady cleaning has to walk out after seeing whats left of the shitter. And I get drunk to the point it is questionable if they will let me on my next flight. So, I understand.
          No deals of sticks. Just like every other time duty free has prices all over the place. 20 bucks higher than in the store and more 18-25yr, reserves, and limited run scotches. I got away with 2 bottles for 130 15yr Dalmore and 18 Glenfiiddich. 

2 comments: