Friday, September 29, 2017

6mm Desert terrain part XIII "O Sammy special"

Ebay specials plus a O'sammy house from Gamescraft.
The eBay special is all one piece. Gamescraft's O sammy house comes in 4 parts. 

          Originally I was going to use all this shit for my Desert terrain project. Then I started to put it together and paint it. The building, construction style is different. Which made me want to represent the construction difference with climate difference.

         With O'sammy house located, in not "Desert terrain." And having done so much with the Iraq and Sudan theme, I had to ask mates for some photos of green Afghan hills. Not exactly Pakistan, but it will do. I selected the one that fit my mind's eye of the area.
Afghanistan
         Variance; This part of the project will be green-er. I will be sticking with palm trees. Why because I have a shit ton of them and screw buy more trees. Also the sat pic of O sammy's compound show it out in the fields, the town is off the pointy end of the compound. My town will be closer by half the distance. Sammy's compound will sit higher than the rest.
Pakistan
5mm MDF board is used as a backing material. 3.58 from Home Depot for 2x2. The terrain pieces used were warping on me and one of the ebay ones even cracked. So they are now mounted to MDF. Correction the MDF is too thick. I will switch to a plywood base.
 This dude was primed grey. Then angle sprayed white a brown, followed by a tan. The houses were dry brushed with a cream, followed by a white. Two weathering powders were applied, both are secret weapon's shit powders. I have just started picking out the exposed brick work with "Hull Red."
More Gamescraft buildings. They were painted up last year. They will be the little building off the road from the pointy end of the compound.


No comments:

Post a Comment