Monday, May 13, 2019

Warmaster Weekend "Fields & Trees"


        On Mother's day weekend, one's hobby time gets vacuumed up by the crumble snatchers. They are so greedy! Once distracted by flashy and shiny things I escaped to flock and fix. I have started to notice more and more terrain pieces are in need of repair. They are falling apart.

First up are the old school fields. The dirt part has been reflocked. Next will be bring the static grass up to standards.


Reflocking trees and scatter bases. All the trees/bushes will need the green shit replaced and locked down.
         The rice pads are in the mix. I am developing an idea for a Japanese table for the Samurai. The dirt flock will be standardized across the lot. Then I should be able to get double usage out of the terrain. Force on Force, Warmaster, Epic, ACW.
         Samurai are for tomorrow. The girls are off doing whatever it is that they do. I am on call this upcoming week. The danger is as soon as I start to unpack my travel kit, I'll get called on. Either way one can't waste free time.


       While all the Historic stuff was drying or out of rotation I got on to repairing this guy. It was a left over from the original battle boards in NY. The trees are rough and did not wear very well in storage. The guns were busted. 
       All the flock was re-attached. The guns repaired and repainted, plus they got magnets. The radar was replaced. All the trees straighten and epoxy-ed down. One or two more coats of white glue and IPA should give me many more years of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment