Friday, February 16, 2018

Sudan project "Blue jackets" part VI

        The project got derailed last year as I ran out of 60 x 60mm bases. Quickly there became no where to store unbased painted dudes. Bases were ordered and they were waiting for me in Sept stateside. Then derail number 2 arrived, moving back to the states. All the dudes in Argentina got packed.
         Now I am back. Colonial dudes are a high priority this year. I choose the Blue Jackets because they are easy and fun to paint up. After them will come more Ansar and the Egyptian forces.
         All the gun crew dudes that were not finished up in Argentina are on the table. I found their guns. Plus I ordered more Blue Jackets from Newline designs last summer.


          I got a box of these dudes at HMGS' Fall In. Many because I want sailors with that sun hat. It is an ok set. You get 4 guns with crew. The ok part comes from the 4 officers included. I will use 1? The other 3 go into the not used bag.
          Also I think this is the only reference for the sailors being in "White pants." Every photo I have found show them in the Navy Blue. I will give them their white pants, just for looks. 
The sprue was trimmed down. It is not worth mounting them to wood painting blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment