Thursday, February 23, 2017

Road to Cold Wars & AdeptiCon part I

           There is only 1 more days to register. 28 days to go time. 20 days until I board a plane for Cold Wars. Not a lot of time to give the Tau the attention they need. I will shift my primary goal away from the Sudan project to preparing the Tau for the tourneys in March.

         The Tau. (Not the original owner. I bought the lot 2 or 3 years ago.) They are going to both Cold Wars and AdeptiCon. I guess the list will be close to what I took against Kal in January. How wise it is to go with zero AA is burning a hole in my brain.
         They are actually all real no shit FW. Being FW Tau they are fragile. The army needs some TLC and the bases.
          WTF! The white is too bright. As you can see, it takes away from the minis. I have 3 options. One paint the bases, Two flock them red sand, Three flock them desert. With the desert flock I could go light or dark.

          On to the next issue, Uniformity. The color scheme, nothing wrong with it. Only that the original owner never followed thru. There are units with white, units with orange, and units with both. I can only guess that the intent was to have both white and orange across the army.

          My plan will be to bring the army up to my standards. Uniform across, Dipped, and sealed.
   
         The next issue is repairs. Being FW Tau, they break. Boardside guns, legs breaking off from the stand, suits snapping off the base. Those that are painted will be re attached. Those unpainted will remain so. As time will be an issue.
         To increase the strength and longevity, the whole army will get Army Painters Strong Tone.
         Then additions, Not including what has arrived stateside awaiting my return.
          Hopefully these will get painted. Currently I do not plan on taking a Rotating Orca List.
         Maybe Objectives

No comments:

Post a Comment