Saturday, March 2, 2024

Traveling and painting in 2024 part II

 

        3rd week out and another bust. I had trainees with me all day and night. I am still gobbling up Holiday Inn points. This time the Crowne Plaza. Not the best desk lamp out there, but better than avg.
        I have changed my load out. All Sallies and only Sallie colors. All new brushes too.


            Rolling with the DCL to Mexico. I took my little dudes and paints to war with me. I draw the line with taking them on a cruise. I got cigars to smoke!
Mayan site Xcambo

            Xcambo is one of the last sites where you can climb the structures. I am not in favor of climbing them. But I did. People going up and down destroy them faster. No ball court, so boo. No glyphs. On the far structure some of the original stucco is still there. The red paint the Mayans used on every building is visible on 20% of the facing stone left. 
            The most interesting part is due to locals. The locals have been stealing facing stones for their buildings. Those that they could carry. With the removal of these stones. You can see the way the structure were created without destroying them. The 5 inner layers are visible.

            Came home to discover another Engineer got thrown off site. My sweet candy ass gets to take his place and rebuild customer relations. Except no one noticed for 3 years a 2 million dollar tool was not operational. Now parts are not available. Dead tool. I need 3.5 for a replacement that take 13 months to build. 
          Only good part is the site is swing shift 4 on, 4 off, 3 on, 3 off. I will be in the Crowne Plaza the whole time. 2k a visit, double nights, 3k bonus a night. Which is roughly a free room a trip.

Clowne Plaza light
New travel light


No comments:

Post a Comment