Monday, March 18, 2024

Road to AdeptiCon part II

 

         Next week there is only Monday and Tuesday. I am in the middle of packing up. What the hell is that? Something motor like is running. The sump pump for the french drain is running non stop. It is also buried behind two Book shelves in the corner.
        At least I am home for this. Who know how long it was running, dead headed. If the wifi or VV were the only ones home. I would have had to call a plumber. The girls would have touched my stuff, my books. They know I will snap their fingers off for book touching. One writes in books the other destroys dust jackets like it is her job.

         Of course it is in the corner. The bookshelves hid the pipe. I had never thought about how long the pump had been in there. We bought the house 4-5 years ago. And there goes my packing day. I tried to keep the books in order, stacked in rows on the gaming table.
        There is two pump in there. One looks like it has been in the ocean. The other is brand new looking. The brand new looking one is not hooked up? I never checked it. The house inspector dude never saw it. There it sat connected to the pipe. Never connected to power. I tore that fucker out and put in a check valve.
        The one from the ocean is the root cause of the failure. As it rusted to pieces. Those pieces are what jammed the float. I tore that fucker out too. I could not just let the old one go on. If it failed while I was on the road it would be a grand for someone to fix it. I fished all the nasty out of the bottom. 375 later a new pump is in, tested. One pump! 
                                          
        There is another pump opposite corner of the house. I will have to replace that dude this summer. No idea what shape it is in or how long it has been in there. 

Actual Packing


        When traveling without the whole army. I have to lay the army out to the list. I have missed or forgot whole units in the past. It would suck to drag a loaner army along and the army not be complete.


            Two Traitor guard army lists are coming. One to test out armor fist abuse. The other manticores as artillery support abuse. The units themselves are not abusive. It is the combination with Garrisoning Malcadors.
            I am short the double earthshaker tank. Subs will fill in.
            The Sallies will be my tourney army of choice. I have 4 units I needed to finish. 2 termies and 2 drop pods. I need to borrow a Thawk from the DA army. Its green, just wrong green.

Last Minute

            I was good to go. Then missing things, armies not complete. Another coat of sealing ploy going down.
            Bases for Termies.
            Sallie will only borrow a Thawk.

        All packed


No comments:

Post a Comment