Sunday, March 24, 2024

AdeptiCon 2024 Day 1


All the AARs are late. No time. We were running and gunning all day and night.

So…………The FW table packed for transport takes the whole back of the Acura. I had to choose to bring only one table to support the event or the promised multiple tables. After everything the FW table is a no show for AdeptiCon.
    In the restock, re stow, I left my dice and event badge at home. At 00:30 Wednesday, I asked the wife to FedEx them to the holiday inn. She never found my badge. Because I know, I am retarded. I believed I left it behind. It was with me the whole time!
    We got to Youngstown by midnight-midnight 30. The lads were in the beds. Me on the military cot. All were snoring away. 
            We drove 4.5 hours Tuesday. Then up at zero 7 for the remaining 6.5 hours. Not counting the time change.  Then chicken stuck, straight to the ER. We are all getting old. This is going to happen more and more. Me being me, if there are meds you need. It would be best to inform your mates. Trying to make shit work on the side of the road is FUBAR.
        Great hospital. No wait. No BS.


            11 hrs later we are at AdeptiCon. Badging and swag was a thousand times better. The swag was good. Nothing I play and a waste for me. The church and marines will get everything.  Who do I find right away, Jesus. Could not believe he was just sitting there.

            15mm samurai. Samurai Night Fever! Mori Vs Otomi??. It is the Mori expansion. I did not think the rules represented the way the Japanese fought at the time or were organized. The movement and turn sequence was easy enough. Combat had you roll two dice and divide. That part  ate at me. Why not roll 1 and skip division?


Cool tables night 1

THE MOUNTAIN

Bought = 496
Sold = 52, 5 detachments

Painted = 353
28mm = 46
20mm = 0
15mm = 96
10mm = 0
Epic = 40
Terrain bought = 6
Terrain painted = 170

Printed Terrain = 0
Minis Printed = 0

Games = 2
Games hosted = 0

Books 
Bought = 3
Read = 1

2023

Bought = 321, 6 collections, 6 armies, 4 buildings
Sold = 142, 166 Detachments, 6 Armies, 1 Collection
Painted = 950

 

No comments:

Post a Comment