Thursday, January 11, 2024

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XXII

 


        There are unpainted buildings. Everything is getting cleaned and primed for a long painting day. I am stuck at home, good thing, supporting a foreign company my company purchased. While explain this same things and answering the same questions over and over and over again. I am painting away.

        Yes that is a FW tank factory that I cut a corner off. It is a copy. I have one original Tank factory left unclean in bare resin. It is missing the roof. Otherwise cherry. I have kept one of each FW building in case one day I want copies.
1st coat of the tan craft paint

2nd coat of the tan craft paint

        One 2 hour meeting's work!

                                                                                Tile "C"

        C's issues were the original tank factory downs not fit in its slot. Forgeworld being Forgeworld never squared it, never poured it level and failed to sand it flat. You can see above how jacked it is.
        The roads around it's spot are down. I chiseled the road's sidewalks away so it fits. 
        The wall in factory yard with pill boxes. Those are Boneshop before Boneshop sold off his/her stls. The cargo pallets are Dark Realm's. 

        C was missing a building to the right of the original tank factory. I thought about putting my master tank factory there. But it would be too close to the city walls. 
            I had that corner I chopped off the Tank Factory copy. Into the giant box of Epic building stuff. A downed Fight Club Thawk and old school Epic ruins. I will do the Thawk as Alpha Legion.

Tile "B"

            "B" is the most needy. There is a ton of work just to get to the point I can start laying down roads. The tunnel entrance is all sorted. The grass and tree area is plastic carded in.
            After the green card dried. The rest of the surface is covered with 2mm plastic card. The foam needs help to support all the weight of resin buildings and armies.
            The last piece of 2mm card I have, 2 x 1 footer. It almost covered the space. I tried a whole bunch of different angles to put it down. This was the smallest hole I could get.
            "A" and "B" were set side by side. Everything will line up perfectly! The super glue will dry fast enough. I can't use super glue on foam. So white glue and that takes it's sweet ass time to dry. 
            While it dried I start dressing in the church. I am rethinking the use of sabots. Buildings attached to sabots will create a storage transportation problem. With this realization, I started to raising up the ground level to street level. All going forward will not be attached to sabots.
      

                                                                            Tile "E"

               Here I had started to create the sabots. None of the buildings are attached. They are numbered to their sabot and slot in place. All these buildings were painted long ago in when I lived in NY.
        With the exception of these two. They are printed. 

THE MOUNTAIN

Bought = 54
Sold = 52, 5 detachments

Painted = 141
28mm = 0
20mm = 0
15mm = 96
10mm = 0
Epic = 18
Terrain bought = 0
Terrain painted = 27

Printed Terrain = 6
Minis Printed = 0

Games = 0
Games hosted = 0

Books 
Bought = 0
Read = 1

2023

Bought = 321, 6 collections, 6 armies, 4 buildings
Sold = 14
2, 166 Detachments, 6 Armies, 1 Collection

Painted = 950
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment