Saturday, January 13, 2024

30k Epic Salamanders 2024 part1

 

            The Sallies are the major goal for this year. They are the focus for the first quarter. I had started them last year or the year before. It has been so long now I don't remember. 
            I started the year getting the army ready. I had a long trip to Israel scheduled. The plan was to paint every night. I would finish 90% of the army while at Intel in Israel. The trip got canned. I would have started painting on the 14th. I started this week.

            Most of my time this week was painting the rhinos and bases. The base and rhino on the left are originals I painted long ago. I want it all to match. Those two are my examples going forward.

            When you look close enough the example rhino has a much brighter edge highlight. I am using all the same paints. I am following my notes. The original highlight seems to have a yellow in it. About 7 months ago I started adding yellow to base colors in place of white. It could be the highlight color is wrong. My technique, brush control, style has changed for sure. I cannot figure out what I did or why the edge highlight is so yellow? The marines I matched no problem.

        I blocked in the standard issue termies. Their bases and highlights are next.

            An old school "Fight Club" objective. It is not as bright or highlighted. Someone crashed.
 
            3 stands of Devastators. Only 3 because only 3 bases were done in testing. I made sure I could match the original base look.


THE MOUNTAIN

Bought = 54
Sold = 52, 5 detachments

Painted = 137
28mm = 0
20mm = 0
15mm = 96
10mm = 0
Epic = 30
Terrain bought = 0
Terrain painted = 11

Printed Terrain = 0
Minis Printed = 0

Games = 0
Games hosted = 0

Books 
Bought = 0
Read = 1

2023

Bought = 321, 6 collections, 6 armies, 4 buildings
Sold = 142, 166 Detachments, 6 Armies, 1 Collection
Painted = 950

No comments:

Post a Comment