Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XXI

 

        2024 January. The FW table looks as such. 3 boards laid out with 8 building missing. One board 1/2 way. One board with roads down and buildings set in place. One board with only the base built.



        This thing is due for AdeptiCon!!! I need to focus and get going. 3 months to finish it. Which has to include an idea and boxes to pack it up.

    
        3 more buildings. All for the boards in the bottom of the picture. The first two corner ruins are GW plastic ruins, and plastic card. All 3 were primed Otter brown, heavy dry brush tan, light dry brush white.
        The last of the 3 is a resin casted building. They came out a few years ago. Wick expensive. I got 4 total. The roof or top is Dark Realms, printed on the Flashforge.

        I got two problems. One no door and no way from lower to upper. Originally I wanted a titan door. And there would be no way for ground to go form upper to lower. 
        My Door is FW road size. Not Dark realm wall length. I got a fancy statue thing in a round about. I like my fancy statue. So it stays. By staying I am sort stuck for a solution. Dark Realms titan door won't fit and it opens the wrong way. 
        I sat like Pooh beating my head saying think, think, think. I need to finish the top of this tile and lay the roads. Then the next tile can have roads laid.

Bridge footers test fit.

        One solution solves both problems. A tunnel! The tunnel solves the gap. I can force fit something I have. And a tunnel must exit somewhere. On the kitty corner tile will be the exit. For game play the Tunnel distance will be a set 40 cm. That makes infantry "March" to get thru and Mech infantry "Double."


        I have too many stls. One group of stls, I printed last year. An elevated walk way. Hacksaw time on FDM and only busted one knuckle. No chopped or cut fingers. 3 section glued together chopped to fit the length, angle cut for the hill behind it. Then Green stuff to get the height right.

        With the Tunnel Entrance in place. The green plastic card is down for the park area just past the top of the wall.

        Same set of stls will create the exit. Two hack up gave me the width of a FW road section. No side walks. I dressed it in with 40K bits and plastic card.

            I got the Flashforge burning extras for me in case I pork it.

            The other entrance. I need to counter sink the entrance. Like a subway entrance. The tile I am cutting into is laid out. The roads are down. I need the butcher my way through the finished surface, the tile itself, and into the riser. Once that hole is created, sink the piece I made.

THE MOUNTAIN

Bought = 54
Sold = 52, 5 detachments

Painted = 127
28mm = 0
20mm = 0
15mm = 96
10mm = 0
Epic = 18
Terrain bought = 0
Terrain painted = 13

Printed Terrain = 6
Minis Printed = 0

Games = 0
Games hosted = 0

Books 
Bought = 0
Read = 1

2023

Bought = 321, 6 collections, 6 armies, 4 buildings
Sold = 142, 166 Detachments, 6 Armies, 1 Collection
Painted = 950

No comments:

Post a Comment