Saturday, March 4, 2023

In House War Gaming table


            My War Gaming table is two drafting tables. These are the wood ones. If you use drafting tables, don't use the metal ones. The drafting tops are removed. The top surface is created and leveled with 1/2 inch ply. I added a 2.5 inch lip all around for Geo-Hex. With the long ends pushed together, you get a 6 by 5 1/2 table. If you use the drafting tops, you get a 6 1/2 by 7.


    Originally I had this craft store foam felt like stuff covering the wood top. It lasted about 3 years. It was hard to clean up. The flock stuck to it like glue. The Plastic GW board stayed in place and it held the Geo-Hex too. 

    Over the years it took a beating. I damaged it trying to get the flock that came off the mats and tiles off. I never glued the felt/foam down. The felt/foam was held in place with staples. The stuff came off no problem. No damage to the surface. My wood did warp over time. 8 more screws solved that problem.

    This time carpet glue and tool box liner was use. The glue needs to go down very lightly. Otherwise you will end up with dents and rolls created by the glue under the liner. It took 4 rolls of liner. I could have done it with 3. 3 rolls would have created 6 seems. Where 4 rolls created only 2.

        I took this time to lower the lip on the 6 foot side. I am no longer using Geo-Hex and don't plan to anymore. Actually I am going to sell it all. The lip now sets 24mm off the surface. The short edge can't be lowered. There are drawers there. A new piece of wood would have to be sourced. 
        The sides and under lip of the surface had the liner stapled in place. The first half went down like a dream. The second half I created dents with my elbows from too much glue.
        On the 2nd half, I noticed my side boards are 1/2 inch short. VV says the gap was always there. I don't remember, but it must have been. The table didn't grow over night. 
 



        VV help secure the sides on the 2nd half. Then asked to play Epic. 1st game was an Epic refresher for my kid. She got TSNP and DTF to me getting BTS. I should take her dice. They are worse than Dave's.
        VV won't be at Cold Wars. As she is on punishment again, x2. 


Mountain

2023

Bought = 1 collection 
Sold = 35, 71 Detachments

Painted = 175
28mm = 30
20mm = 88
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 49
Terrain bought = 40
Terrain painted = 8

Printed Terrain = 0
Printed = 30

Games
Games played = 1
Games hosted = 1

2022
Bought = 1289 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 763

Books
Bought = 1
Read = 3  

No comments:

Post a Comment