Sunday, March 12, 2023

HMGS Cold Wars 2023 Day 3 Epic Tourney

 

        I have my bounding marine list. This is a straight up codex marine list. That I plan to move and fight them like US marine infantry platoons.

Table
        Then there is this guy. I can't cross the river. I would have to chose corners to keep my guy from placing the Blitz behind the river. 
        In the end we got Kal to add two bridges and shifted river and swamp at the end towards the center by 5cm. That way you could slip around the end.
My List;




                The double Tacs with Vinnies gave everyone the choose a BTS. I had moved Vinnies from my SC cause I didn't want to expose the SC. And then never looked at the points. I gave away a BTS like this to Bill. The other games I could protect them as they took a beating.

Game 1 was against Dino Orks and there was a cubic butt ton of them. I could not touch the BTS and I did not want to get near it. Nor the steam titans. I popped the Orks rides and the boar boys. In the end it was Blitz and DTF. Space Marines 2 - 0.

Ork List

        Sweet steam driven titans

Game 2 was Squats. I got away with this one. The land train was DC4 with 8 shields. Another one I just stayed away from. I had no idea the stupid bikes were full of macros. I had two chances to jack their world only to watch them smash my sweet candied ass. All four engages I bounced on! I was watching the game sliding down the drain. 
        The Squats failed the last 3 activation in turn 3. Then my last activation, the Tbolts got one hit and Alan failed the rhino save. I got TSNP, DTF. Space Marines 2 - 0.

Squats

Those little bastards have +4 heavy bolters. Everyone else have +5.

Game 3 was Bill with Tau. This was the river board. The only table neither of us played on. I won and could have selected corners. But it was funnier to break Kals's balls about it. Kal let us shift the river and got two bridges for us. 
            Turn 1 Bill went after my Tbolts. He wanted air superiority. It cost him a Cuda and 3 activations to kill one. His broadsides on over watch kept me from even trying to get T&H and sidelined them in turn. 
            This time I failed 3 activation in turn 3. Bill's planes failed to come in also. Turn 3 it was Blitz to BTS. Turn four I won the activation smashed his BTS. Then retained to break the broadsides. Bill tried to shoot me off the Blitz. I failed to engage him off his Blitz. Then Bill's suits died in a cross fire and all the planes failed him. BTS, DTF, TSNP to BTS. Space Marines 3 - 1.






Mountain

2023

Bought = 6, 1 collection 
Sold = 35, 71 Detachments

Painted = 175
28mm = 30
20mm = 88
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 49
Terrain bought = 40
Terrain painted = 8

Printed Terrain = 0
Printed = 30

Games
Games played = 10
Games hosted = 5

Books
Bought = 1
Read = 3

2022

Bought = 1289 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 763

No comments:

Post a Comment