Sunday, March 12, 2023

HMGS Cold Wars 2023 Day 2

 

        It was a good day for Cold Wars. No snow! There were more people then last night, more games. Not every gaming table was full. The clubs running events had everyone of their tables full. The GMs I know and spoke to said; if they were not full, walk ups filled the games.

        The Samurai big game was amazing. Great terrain! That dude has more stuff then I do. Another dude had Geo-Hex out and it looked like you always want it to. Almost makes me not want to sell it!


        The Flee market was junk. Fall In was spectacular. I scored crazy good. It was stuff I would have tossed. I saw some new epic. The guy wanted ebay prices. The best deal was Warmaster Ancients and Medieval for 40 in very good condition. I am not interested in sitting on them for a year to make 25.


The Bad
        The Vendor area was missing half the normal Vendors that come year after year. Some of the biggest floor space taking up Vendors didn't show. I got another battle mat, 3D seal boats, a gator, and a few minis.  Badger got just about all the money I spent. The video guy had a copy of Alariste, but not the series. I really want the series. 


        Y'all know I love me some Foundry paints. A 3 pack is 12 beans. I think a GW pot is 8ish. Foundry is bigger and better with tops that actually seal. Now Badger Games carries the full line.


Games
        We played about 3 1st turn primers for Matt. He wanted to sort his army list for tomorrow. 

        Then we played Last of the Mohicans. Peter (Pete) Panzier, the dude that wrote Osprey's Little Bighorn campaign book was the GM. I meet him first thru Dad like 15 years ago. He was trashed, talkin smack and ball breaking, and funny as hell. Pete was doing standup the whole time. 

        The game was a hybrid of mini and D&D. I am not a D&D guy. I love fog or war stuff. This was a little much. The rules, how stuff worked, event cards, and element capabilities changed throughout the game. 

Mountain

2023

Bought =  6, 1 collection 
Sold = 35, 71 Detachments

Painted = 175
28mm = 30
20mm = 88
15mm = 0
10mm = 0
Epic = 49
Terrain bought = 40
Terrain painted = 8

Printed Terrain = 0
Printed = 30

Games
Games played = 7
Games hosted = 5

Books
Bought = 1
Read = 3

2022

Bought = 1289 + a collection + 3 Armies
Sold = 76, 14 Buildings, 22 detachments + 3 Armies + a game
Painted = 763

No comments:

Post a Comment