Friday, April 15, 2022

Blood and Plunder "Spanish Musketeers" part I

 

            Those guys never had a uniform or if the did it was not as we consider it to be today. They had problems getting kit. They had to supply their kit. The cloth was never the same color even if it was the same color. As kit wore out they sourced it from any where and every where. So the picture about is pretty accurate.
            That is not what I am doing or will do. Nor do I intend to represent these men as they were. This is a game for me. Nothing more. I want my dudes to look the part. I want them to look uniform and neat. So I won't be painting them all mis-match. Which is what they should be. 
            I found this guy. I have no idea what their kit actually is. It helps some. He is more colorful Spanish. Not me!
            My books had no other examples of Teracos or Spanish Musketeers. Google who is never your friend was used to find examples.

        At first I thought about this dude. Greenish jumper, brownish red pants. But maybe it would be too close to the last group.
        I am going with this look. Green pants. Green-tan vest and blue shirt.
Vest;     Model Color 114
Pants;    Foundry 70A
Shirt;     Foundry  73B
Hats;     50/50 72B & Model Color 141 watered down.




        I also like this one. Next time for the French when they reach the painting table.

No comments:

Post a Comment