Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Blood and Plunder 1st game

 

            Its not her first wargame. She went to AdeptiCon and got a few games in. We played Epic a bunch at home before we left. I had never intended to teach Epic or for Epic to be her first game. That is not what happened. She got Epic and Warmaster. Warmaster is easy and easy to teach. She could care less about it. Yet Warmaster was were her dice were hot. She took 1st, but doesn't really like it. 

            I wanted something with girls and something she was interested in. We have been to St Augustine and done all the pirate stuff. She crawled all over the fort. There is pirate night on the cruise. Mom goes nuts. We are fully kitted. 
         So I chose Blood and Plunder. It is an easy game. Cards for units, alternating activations, your always engaged, and low model count. And there are girl pirate minis. And there are famous female pirates.

            This is the first game. Its the kid and me. An event that happen more often than not. Pirates needed vituals to keep up the chase, She is taking the girls out for water,,,, powder and coin if any is to be had. I have a Spanish Militia kicking about trying to grab pirates raiding the coast. 

        I need to learn what the pictures on the status dice mean.
        The funnel of death is the worst part. I came by later and advanced her pirates onto the beach. 
        Lanceros may get in or get gunned down
    I dont have the correct Indio minis here. Mine in the list are armed with bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment