Thursday, June 6, 2019

10mm terrain "Japanese Temple" part I




        When Castle Arts closed, I bought everything that was left in stock. Over half was terrain. Mostly castle walls and Japanese houses. (There were multiple Osaka castle and Temple complexes. I didn't buy those as they are huge.) 
         In the lot were a few parts of the temple range. I got the temple main building and Pagoda.  Pagoda from Horyuji Temple is first.
        Unlike Forge World's crap resin there is no scrubbing needed. Only an over night soak in 50/50 simple green and IPA. No ultra sonic bath.
        Everything but the base will get primed Otter Brown. (lowe's special). The base white primer.












       Everything is resin with the exception of the spire and center support. The spire is lead and the center support wood. The casts were very clean, except for one piece. The rest only some light flash. The jacked up piece will need sanding.






        I won't be following the Castle Arts concept. I have been to the Fox temple in Kyoto. It looked extra cool. So Orange will be the color.
   
        My test piece being the entrance gate. I real life the Orange is not so dark. For Orange I used  Foundry  37B as a base due to orange being transparent. GW Troll Slayer was painted over for the rich orange color.




         The roof
The wood sections based flat PZ and highlighted with 45A.
 The walls and roof section are 67A and 74A




No comments:

Post a Comment