Monday, June 3, 2019

NJ Warmaster tourney


        Saturday we have a new Warmaster circuit kicking off. A dude Tim, never meet him before popped up looking for players and to establish a community. He has been busting balls to build and kit out tables. I am all about developing new players/player base. Dudes are always falling out, life and shit. As CPO White would say "Don't fuck this up."
        Sadly the first tourney is scheduled the same weekend as NJCon and 2 weeks before the NorthEast Epic tourney. I was going to run Epic at NJCon. Then work started to mess with me. I got those clowns sorted too late for NJCon scheduling. Then Tim popped up.
        I know most the Boston group buried their heads complaining scheduling and family and summer and whatever. None of which effects me, but it must be crushing other dudes. My wife is sweet as tea and cool as a MoFo. Hopefully the PA dudes muster.

I am playing Tomb Kings. My list;
4 bows
4 spear
3 cav
2 chariot
2 bone giant
2 bolt throw
2 skull chucker
2 birds
4 priest
1 dragon
1 ring of magic
1 tomb king


         I play Frank in the first game. He had big fat dudes, but not giants, can't remember the name. No picture of his list. Nor do I know what any of the unit are called. We play the "Burn the Town" scenario. Poor Frank had too many order failures. Plus I was able to spoon feed him a unit at a time to slow his advance on my town. My fliers got to the town and got the VPs. Tomb Kings 12 - 0








         The second game I rotated out. Eric's girlfriend was a tag along. I talked her into a demo for warmaster. We kept it simple. No fliers, no monsters. No seal clubbing. Only INF, CAV, ART.
       
        After the 3 turn, we scrapped the order results. This was done to get as many combats in as possible. It is where the meat of the game is. Counting attacks + bonus, pursuits, advances, flank/rear charges. It went well enough in the 3rd game she was answering rules questions and she is interested in playing at home. Or practicing on Eric. WIN WIN



         My 3rd game was with Jon. Grudge match. Tomb Kings  Vs   Beast men. The scenario was take the bridge. The game would last 6 turns, brake didn't count, only who held the bridge on the end of 6 would win the day.
         It went as planned. I did a stuttered line change to the right. Jon didn't bite and open the center when he mirrored the action. I completed the line shift and the CAV swept up the right flank. The left was covered by Bone giants hinged on the birds. With both flanks challenged and his chariots taking the day off, the focused shift off the bridge. Poor Jon's dice revolted, multiple blunders followed by order failures. The attention drained on turn 5 I went for the bridge with my bone giants. New terrain rules monster do not benefit from defended. That misunderstanding caused me to piss them away. In turn six I poured everything into combat. The bull dudes picked their teeth with my bone dudes. Jon's bulls slammed home for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment