Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Warmaster Ancients "Rep Romans"

         More left overs getting finished up from last year. This group was primed and taking up painting sticks. They will represent the Hill tribes or Latin allies.

Romans




        Oh I struggle with hand painting shield. I practiced drawing them over and over again. There is a  big difference between a pencil and brush, paper and curved lead. Being the smart guy I am, I did start with the back row. Their shields will be mostly hidden by the front rank.

       At arms length its ok. Up close, I suck! One side is easy to do. The mirror image is much more difficult. Also getting them the same height is never happening.
         The first legion is done. 58 dudes, 108 hand painted little horses. Total bitch, 3 times faster than using transferrs. 
        No the 1st legion, just my first. There is no historical record stating the 1st legion had this shield design. I just thought it was cool looking.


          The bases will get flocked all together as an army. Otherwise there is no way they will look the same or look like they belong together.






No comments:

Post a Comment