Monday, September 23, 2019

NetEA World Championships day 2

        The event's start time changed. The TO forgot that place opened later. We could have slept more. I was still good and drunk when we got there, 2 hours early. The staff let us in. I slept in a chair and then moved tot the floor. Jon was in a chair or walking about.

         We found our Aussie player. One great dude, Norto. Your name and army goes on a card. Teams choose a champion and two options to face the champion. Champions are flipped over and challenges hand to the opposite team. That team selects who will fight the champion. Then those not selected face off. Odd men out face off.
         I would be the champion for the tourney. I got my choice for the tourney. Only game 3 against Chris was a sacrifice. He was the best on that team and would mostly beat any player he faced.
        The day started off ok with a hard fought 0 - 2 loss. Then went straight to the shit as I continued to lose 0 - 3, 0 - 4. First game was IG, Sister next, and Chaos to finish.

Game One


        No real tactical mistakes. Maybe I should have put the Stealths suits all in on turn one. One activation down with them out was a disadvantage for sure. The real problem was multiple failed activations and rolling 25% of my saves. I lost BTS and Take and Hold.




         The armor failed to activate 3 times in game one. Yes, I had a SC.



          Rolling great saves all day.


Game Two

         This was against Sisters. The match up I wanted. I play Kal's Sisters all the time. The dudes list looked like an easy win. In turn one I lit his ass up. The Tau were hitting 90% of the time, marker lit, cross fired. It should have been an easy win.
        UK Sisters are different. They get an Inv Save for minus one to initiative. This dude made every fucking save turn one. I killed one rhino. Turn two 8 others joined that rhino in the foam. His dice were hotter than Dave's. I couldn't kill anything. At dinner it was a huge joke.

 Game Three

         I was against Chaos. I played the famous Chris from Germany. I think his handle is Largo. He baited me with his BTS, garrisoned way up front. I took the bait. Won the initiative and jumped all over that shit. Both Stealths went in with combined fire. Tactical error 1, the shit was on Overwatch. One set of stealths lost 2. The Orca landed, 19 shots, 8 disrupt, and 2 remained. They broke for cover and he would make every save there after.
        The rest of turn one was even. The Rail heads failed to active. The Suits smoked a unit. The path finders got broken and would stay broken. Chris popped the Orca on the ground to prevent the Stealths from reloading.
         Turn two everything went straight to the shit. Followed by turn 3.  I only saved my BTS from him. 0 - 4, Chris is most likely the best I have ever played.


No comments:

Post a Comment