Thursday, February 15, 2018

Tau Vior'la dev-list


         Why O why? I stayed away from the NetEA Tau dev lists. Nothing in them entertained me. I never saw something added to the Tau that made me want to try it. I still think the current Tau list can win. Other than Dave and Knights, the Tau can beat down another other race. Someone made the suits

         With the larger suits being available and I have a problem. I bought some. Then took another look at the list to see if, it was even worth putting them together. They come in about 10 pieces. And suck to put together.
Image result for tau riptide

        The Riptide suit is the one that looked good enough. You get 3 for 350, 6 AP+4 & 3 MW+3 at 45cm. I would like to see Reinforced armor Vs Thick rear armor. I think for their role thick rear armor is a no benefit. A waste.
         Also being a War Engine is a fuck job. It is not that big. It looks a Warhound in the nuts. The Supremacy is massive, it should be a War Engine.

War Engine
25cm
3+
5+ 
4+
Ion Accelerator 
45cm
MW3+ 
Tau Deflector field. Walker. Damage Capacity 2. Thick Rear Armour. Tau Jet Packs
2x Heavy Burst Cannon
45cm 
AP4+/AT5+

        The Stormsurge with its 8 one shot missiles are hamstringed by needing a marker light. Thereby reducing it to a 250 point 2 shot MW+3. I don't see the use. LOS would make it unusable quickly.

1         The Supremacy at 225 is interesting. Again needing a marker light for GLs, turns it into a one shot 3BP 4/5. Which sucks. Sucks cause Tau should not have an indirect and for 225 DC3. It should be a high enough BP to get an extra pie plate.

         Are Riptides Termies, hell no? 300 is a better price point than 350. No MW in assualt. No double blast markers. Only 3 of them not 4. 4++ Vs a 3+5+, 8 shots at 5+ Vs 9 at 4+/3+.
          I am going to take them for a spin. Maybe I get the raw data to support the armor and point change. For now I will be gluing them to my fingers. They are a total bitch, come in about 8 parts.
Ghost suits with more parts
I think they are another form of Riptides?????






No comments:

Post a Comment