Thursday, September 15, 2016

CanCon

Canberra Games Society  runs Cancon every year in January. This year it is from 26th to the 29th. The Epic tourney is on Saturday and Sunday. And its in Australia. WTF? Australia?

         I would blow a dead goats dick to go. The pictures from last year's event, the armies these dudes have! Go check the pictures, if you don't believe me. I don't have a bucket list, but this event maybe the starting desire.





Tournament Name: Epic Armageddon Tournament
Games System: Epic Armageddon
Blurb: Epic Armageddon is a small scale version of the Games workshop 40K universe. Epic is a game of manoeuvre and tactics using platoon to company size organization.
Maximum spaces available: 40
Organiser: Aaron Callister
Organiser Email: cal.240@hotmail.com
Entry Conditions:
Saturday (Must play all selected days)
Sunday (Must play all selected days)
Is entry on the day allowed?: Yes
Entry fees will depend on days played.
  • One day entry to Cancon 2017 is $40.00
  • Two days entry are $50.00
  • Three days entry are $55.00
Prize pool: $10.00

Sponsors:
Idesigns Hobbies
Wasteland Games
Onslaught Miniatures

3 comments:

  1. Not to rub it in, but I've been a few times - its a good event and a bunch of cool guys.
    Worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Let me know if you are coming so I can buy you a few local adult beverages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in the Navy I got cheated out of a port call. Air Force land in NZ and skipped right right over you.

    I will miss out this year's tourney. I have finished relocating, but the majority of my household goods can not be shipped (tax free) until I have residency. My daughter has hers already. Being an adult I require a federal government security background check. My government is slow, here it is 1000 times slower, and no one seem to know what they are doing. Maybe they happen to have passed an empty chair. It is terrible.

    Next year, my chances of flying down and playing look better.

    If I am lucky my next convention will be HMGS' "Cold Wars" followed by AdeptiCon.

    ReplyDelete