Saturday, September 16, 2023

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XX

 

        Work has interfered with the project. I have been gone too much to get anywhere. I never thought I would be so far behind. It will be a struggle to get finished by Fall In.
        On the first raised board the foam shrunk. I had to re-enforce the top of the hill with 3mm plastic card. This in turn created another problem. The tile that would line up next to it would be 3mm too low. 

        After all the time wasted screwing. Roads are being laid down on the 5th tile. This one will have a grand avenue leading to the FW church.

        Now what? Do I use a realm of battle tile with 3mm plastic card on top or build some sort of wooden tile. I want to save the GW tile. I started with a wooden one. There was enough flex that the roads would pop off. It was re enforced, rebuilt, messed with. Then I said F it! GW tile with plastic card.


        I am printing the Dark Realms walls for the second raised tile. the Flashforge is cranking them out.


        I scaled these down by 20%. They seemed too big in the slicer. They were most likely they right size. I am still happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment