Saturday, June 3, 2023

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future part XVII


         I am about done with the two tiles that link up to the hills sections. I cannot continue with the hill sections until the city wall is set. The right hill tile is done on the lower part with buildings. I am not interest in re-doing that tile. I have 2 choices. One cut up the wall to match the curve of the hill or cut out the hill for the wall to run through. 

        Once the wall's path was lined out and sharpie down. I gots me a new fancy saw, kept it flat it and destroyed a tile.
        Those square grid supports keep the board from wrapping and add strength. When I chopped into the hill. You can see I cut into them. The whole corner of the tile became unstable. 
        I knew I would need to fill it in or cover it. A 1mm scrap plastic chunk was chosen. I traced the chopped out hill for the cover. It is glued to the square grid and the lip of the flat lower part of the tile. 
        The walls and towers were glued down and all together. I hope it will all add to stablize the tile's corner. Next step will be to fill in where the hill is not. Then lay 3mm plastic card over that. In the end there will be a flat surface where the hill is not. finally roads and buildings create an upper city.



No comments:

Post a Comment