Monday, November 2, 2020

Warmaster Weekend Demo game and a new player developed

 


          The Wifi scores again. She found a dude at work that is interested in Wargaming. She set up the "man date" for a demo game. I had her ask Torro what period of history he was interested in. He said ancients and cowboys. Well I don't do cowboys, but I can support ancients. 

          This is the part that blew me away. Torro had looked up table top wargaming and ancients prior to the play date. Do you know he hit upon warmaster straight out of the gate. He watch 5 videos. The videos develop an interest or base of knowledge in Warmaster fantasy. I started the explanation, he asked if it was warmaster. I couldn't believe such shit would come out of his mouth. 

         Warmaster, both versions, have become wicked popular as of late. I couldn't say why. We need to become more of a shit talking community. That general shit talking will find an easy 5 new players a year and 5 more guys that have a long lost gaming history!

        Torro has never played a table top war game. We played Roman Civil War, with matching armies. I took out the skirmishing rules and we played on a 4' x 3' board. We concentrated on order issue-ing, formations/brigades, and combat.

        Double score Torro is down for playing again. We set a date of the 14th for a 2nd game.



No comments:

Post a Comment