Friday, March 6, 2020

Random Terrain part IV " Ancient Ruins tile"

         All this random terrain are piece that are in the way. I need the space they occupy. I have been sliding them this way and that, stacking them on top of each other, burying them with other projects. These random pieces are getting finished, off my table, and stored properly.
         This set of ruins I purchased two years ago at Cold Wars from Walley's basement sale. It was a 5er. I got home tossed it on a table and there it has sat. Now that the yearly clean up has unburied it. The thing must get used or sold.

        The tile was lightly sprayed on both sides over the course of two days. In this way the MDF should, hopefully, not curl like bacon when the basing and flock material dries. Next the ruins were attached with white glue. The ground level was raised with wall paste. Then everything was cover in brown tile grout. That stuff cures rock hard. A bone grout mixed with saw dust and sand was sprinkled on, sealed. Lastly fine flock was applied and some tuffs.



         The MDF tile is from Sarissa. Originally I was going to build a Ancient Japan board from them. After reviewing, not so much studying, the screens the tile would not reflect the battle field. I may use the Tablescapes tiles for Japan. But I have a temple and Castle (both wooden and stone) and I don't know how they would fit or work into the theme Vs playability. Only one tile was done as a test for the Japanese board.
         While all this internal R&D rattling my skull, I have been using the tiles for other projects. The Egyptian ruins have put on tiles. One to increase durability. Also as a stand alone piece, they function like a hill or building. Where as they block LOS and are impassable. When mount to a tile, it can become area terrain.






No comments:

Post a Comment