Wednesday, October 16, 2019

2019 Projects and Goals "3rd Quarter update"


In general paint, play, sell, and stop buying collections.


Last quarter's mission statement.

*** A true statement so far. My buying has been limited to terrain. I have sold more armies than I planned to. A lot which never saw the table or ever would. I have been playing all over, getting in most of the Conventions. Painting, this is where I have been failing to stay behind the brush. I have spent to much time screwing around with terrain.
*** Moving forward into the second half of the year. I plan on focusing on the World Eaters and Samurai. Once completed, shift to the other goals. 

What actual occurred.

        Late with the report. Just like every other industry I was stealing numbers from the future quarter to fluff this quarter's success. I did stay mostly true to the idea of painting only 10mm Samurai and World Eaters. Both of which will see the table at Fall In. The Conventions and gaming goal is turning out better than expected. I got to NEEAT, Epic Worlds, and road meet ups with Tim and Jon.

4th quarter's mission 

        In the final quarter of the year focus will continue with the Samurai. With the WEs nearly finished, there will be a shift from World Eaters to terrain. Two boards need repair, one need a redo, and I would like to start on the Japanese board.
       A future and R&D goal. I need to develop some sort of travel terrain kit. The current table take a beating. All the repairs every few years is painful. What is needed is serval tables and scatter terrain that will pack small and be robust enough to survive travel supporting events.
       Maybe paint a Khorne World Eaters army to sell. I have a kilo of World Eater minis left over. If everything works out, in December I will paint the whole thing in one month to sell. Just like the Tau in last November.


2019 Projects and Goals  

3D printers     Completed.
          "Getting the printers up and running again. The filament printer needs a cable created. As the manufacture is chapter 7, a new one is not available. There is a plan. Only time is required. The Resin printer needs only time and effort."

          *** Both printers were up and working. Both have printed minis. The Italian printer is busted again. I most likely will sell it off for parts. The resin is full steam ahead.


Get the Sudan project on the table.

          "I have maybe 900 Fuzzy Wuzzys,  the Sudanese, and most of the British to complete. Almost all the Cavalry, but I hate painting horse most of all. No supply issues this year. No purchase required. All materials are on hand.
          To get them on the table; I will need to focus and identify a few battles. The units required for those battles finished. All the while banging out the Ansar and British forces as fast as possible."

         *** I have painted up a bunch. Not nearly enough. Little to no effort on this front.

20mm Moderns. 


          "I would like to do one Con game." 

          *** Not going to happen this year.  Zero work on the buildings. Zero happening with the minis. 
          *** I did clean and repack them.  








Warmaster

         "Finish the Araby army. Start and finish the Samurai army. Then develop a plan and start a strong  effort to complete 2 ancients armies."
         *** I will field a Samurai army at Fall In. I will hopefully one day play test the updated Nippon Rev list. Until that is released I will play a combination of Dave's and mine.


30K HH World Eaters

         

         *** Only the little extras and a few options left until fully kitted.





Conventions and Gaming.   Completed



         "I am booked for AdeptiCon and Cold Wars. Hopefully I will get HistoriCon, NEEAT, and the Epic World Championship in. This year, step up the effort to build a gaming group here in central PA. I would also like to link up with the NJ group." 

        *** This Goal has been smashed. I have meet up with gamers while traveling for work. A new NJ/NY Warmaster group found. I have done Cold Wars, AdeptiCon, NEET, NJ warmaster tourney, World Championship in Scotland, and Fall In is booked.


Sell Off   Completed

          "Continue to sell off the Kickerstarters never started. Liquidate the collections purchased. Sell off the extra 10mm Samurai."

           ***Smash this goal also. There still remains a good amount to sell.

Painting Completed

         "939 plus dudes painted last year. The goal will be 1000 this year with at least 300 coming from the 20mm Colonial project. With the amount of terrain and 10mm involved it should be an easy score. As long as I stay focused."

         *** Also smashed. I have been painting 3+ minis a day roughly with little focus. The majority coming from painting on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment