Saturday, October 27, 2018

Cherry Picking "update"


         The number of times I have gobbled up other's armies and or collections,.....well I got a problem. Like a real problem. Miniatures are worst than Ice climbing ever was. I think a coke problem would be cheaper.


         In actuality, I had always plan on reselling 80% of it. Cherry picking! Yeah I buy someone's treasure for the 4-5 rare items. In the end it was the quickest way to get all those rarities. It is a dickheadish move. Most likely. Some poor fucker/fuckers would have played with it as is. Which cheats the hell out of a gaming group somewhere that is struggling to establish themselves. So in a rare moment I have to question if this sort of bullshit cherry picking, as helps kill the hobby. Its a grand a day coke habit, fuck it, we all know I can't stop!


Earlier this year I bought another Tau army. The price was cheap enough I could rape the treasure it was by parting it out. I am balls deep for 635 after shipping. 215 days later I have managed to sell 290.00 dollars.


75 for the Ocra
125 for the Mantra
30 for the Cuda
60 for 6 HammerHeads


         The rest of the army. Well, was half painted and painted like shit and a 1/3rd still in the bag. Sorry poor guy that did it. I am sure it was spectacular in your minds eye and just never made it there.
          I have or had been unable to sell it as a whole. I am thinking its because it is half assed, half in the bag. With a month blown due to a Japan trip. I will repaint and rebase the whole thing while on the road. I have been there like 7 times. As cool as it is, I have lost the interest. Maybe I will climb Fuji-san. Hoping with a fully painted army to cash in on the sale. Xmas is coming. Some chicken head will need to get her man a proper present.

           The whole thing has been primed home depot grey and washed with zombie shader. This was done pre load out.
          The only additional items added on to it will be 3 custom objective markers, 10 stands of kroot, and a group of sun something or other fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment