Friday, March 23, 2018

AdeptiCon day 2 & 3

          Well its wheels up tomorrow morning and it is snowing like its free. My flight is still on time, but the plane is in Chicago. If it gets in tonight, I should be good. They say the snow ends here at 3 or 7 or maybe tonight. As long as that plane gets here.
        The plane got in. I got out no problem. I was off the plane and picked up curb side in
20 minutes. Check in was quick and easy. The swag bag had a fake ass blood bowl game, 40K SM, Blood & plunder dude, coupons, BL books, BL calendar, some bases, and chump bullshit bits.
         Tau pick up game Vs Dave's SM with predator test. Manta did fuck all nothing. Ghost suits are badass. 

         Running double Stealth with ghost suit upgrades are way cool. Only thing, they are AVs and move 15, Stealths are INF and move 20. That 5cm difference fucks up movement. AV & INF detachment turns them into a Thunder Bolts favorite meal. 


Played in the Warmaster tourney. I got a loaner army. I think Matt was nice enough to loan out his dark elves and build me a list. Chris and Ruthie were my first two opponents. Being my first time out, they taught me the game. (or differences between Hail Caesar) 

Cold Ones ran the flanks in a classical style. They are very tough and won the first two games for me in a cavalry true to life performance historically.

Final game was against Dave. Champion for the last 100 years. I double box car both wizards and a hero. The general killed them. My left flank refused to move. The Cold ones took the first two turns off. Dave crushed me proper. There went my chance to dethrone the king.


No comments:

Post a Comment