Friday, July 26, 2024

Traveling and painting in 2024 part VI

 

            After NEEAT 2024 I went straight to Cali. My paint kit came along. The same one I paniced about sitting in 100 degree heat on a run away with my little dolls melting. No panic as they sat this time. I am a slow learner. 

            I had only one night in two weeks to paint. Only infantry bases were base coated for the Sallies. I had to switch hotels mid trip. Both Holiday Inns. The first one was only 1k bonus. The 2nd was 5k a night kicker. 

            The San Tomas HI has pretty bright desk lamp. The killer is the over head light. No rooms have over head lights any more. It makes a huge difference.


            I made diamond for delta on the way out. That is a 200USD gift.


            A red eye home. First class with two screaming babies IN 1st class. I tlold the mother in 5A the kid in scream because its head is pressurized. Please give him something to drink. I get the stink eye. The little fucker shut up. There must be a rule created that there are no kids or babies in 1st class. 

            4th and 5th were holidays. Then back to Albany and from there Cali. At Albany I stayed in the Marriott Residence, Straight points. A real desk but no Lamp.

            Delta back to Cali, no 1st class available. Well mix 1st class. You pay for 1st but we will toss you in coach or + on one leg. Comfort + this trip. For Cali I am back in the San Tomas Holiday Inn. Its 5k a night plus 2k for every two nights stayed.

            One week free. I was pricing Custer books all week. No painting. Next month is the annual Conference. We have 4 tables.

            Now back to Cali. Delta 1st class Sunday night, red eye back Thursday night. Everything for Delta went straight into full blown clown show. They lost their PCs. Bags stacked ass deep every where. 2 flights arrived and 4 were canceled.

            It toke 2.5 hours for Delta to give me back my bags. Monday I rode United. I have not been on a United flight in 8 years. I was 1st class for over triple what it normally cost to get to Cali. United doesn't give you water when you sit down. Nor do the movies work right away. There is no pre flight drink. 

        The first class seats are nicer than Delta's. A Lufthansa type design. Of course there is a baby in 1st Class. The 2nd leg I got a water in a plastic cup or sparkling juice offered pre flight. No Liquor, Is United a Mormom company? In flight meal is old school. Once the meals came out, the liquor came. United has 8 different whiskeys. You get a proper glass and the dude was pushing drinks like he planned to fuck me.

            On San Tomas. Double points, 2k every 2 nights, and 5k a night.

        Anno Domini 1666 dogs


        A bunch more Sallie Bases

           Same crappy light. I am not traveling with mine when I fly. Rhinos basing for a tactical detachment. Two Crusader Land Raiders for Devs.






No comments:

Post a Comment