Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Regimental Fire and Fury Scenario "Stones River"

            My swim buddy lived down stairs. There is wall to wall carpet. So he had an easier time getting up and going outside. He sat with me on the couch there. It is hard to be there without him. I wouldn't go down stairs. 
           The lads asked about the next game. Yo bro when we going to do it again??? We picked a date. The lads confirmed. Then out of 3, only one showed. Kal showed. Long time no see and it forced me to go down the stairs.


Battle of Stones River 31Dec62
        This is a snap shot of the action that day. There were greater than 80,000 involved. The scenario represents only 14,000. Rough 380+ stands on a 6 x 5 table.
        To play it at speed, You need 4 players. 


          Kal took the Southern side. Surprise, I commanded the North. We were to start at 12. My sad sorry ass was not ready. I was extra happy Kal helped me set up. We were rolling by 12:45. The scenario last 12 turns. We could only play to 5. 

          BY 5, the South had pushed in the corner at point "Y." Point "Y" to "Z" saw little action. The Union held "X" to "Y" and began to push back the Southern left flank. On the other side it was a blood bath.

        Neither side had reach heavy casualties. We gave one point to the South for breaking into the corner at "Y." One point to the North for holding "Y" to "Z." 

        Had we the time. There is no question both sides would have reached heavy casualties. 










No comments:

Post a Comment