Monday, November 18, 2019

Warmaster at HMGS' Fall In Samurai After Action report


        I took the Revolution Samurai draft 2 trial list.
4 Ashigaru Yari
4 Ashigaru Tempo
4 Ronin
4 Samurai
4 Samurai Cavalry
2 Ninja
1 Shogun
2 Daimyo
1 Shugenja

          I won one and lost two. First game was against dwarfs. They resilient and the cannon put the Sammy in a tough spot. You don't have a counter to artillery. It is just hide in terrain and weather it. The Ninja created all sorts of problems. They did little if anything, other than draw unit away.
         The second game was rats? I don't remember much, but I won. Maybe too much Sake.
         The third game was against Dogs of War. The Ronin were the stars. Lucky I had no command problems with them. The Ronin hit the pikemen and pushed them into impassable terrain. Again the guns chewed me up. It came down to a half break each. I would lose that half in a locked combat in his next turn. I sent everything, including the shogun, to kill a unit down a stand. And the dice went straight to the shit.
         Looking back now, I completely failed to play the Shogun rule.


Ninja

Ninja  3/1  15cm  3  6+  70 points and the Infiltrate special rule

         The Ninja are a great tool. I think you have to take two. The threat of them causes line units to be place in defense of artillery and refusing the flank, rear guard actions. Once on the table the -1 to command penalty create havoc.

Ronin


Ronin  4  3  6+  65 special rule -1 to command
        The -1 to command was troublesome in games 1 & 2. In game 3 the dice were with me for their orders. I knew this going in and deployed as Hannibal did at Cannae. The ronin being my questionable troop in the center flanked by the heavy reliable.
           Cavalry-Samurai-Ashigaru teppo-Ronin-Ashigaru teppo-Samurai-Cavalry
                                                             Ashisharu Yari

Samurai & Samurai Cavalry


Samurai                4  3  5+  80
Samurai Cavalry   4  3  5+  110
        They are not the killers you hope for. They are good, but not so good they smash everything infant of them. They are not the game winners. Being the focus and the killer elite of the army, either I need better dice or they need a little something extra.

Shugenja

        This is too powerful. I only had one. I did not think they would do what they did. Maybe only one spell went off all tourney. You should take two every time. 50cm range. Two could cover 200cm of frontage projecting 70cm forward. Hahahahaha


Tourney Pictures. Not in any order.




The first bottle of Sake.
Making Saves was my biggest problem. 








No comments:

Post a Comment