Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Epic Armageddon City Table "Completed"

         Finally. After X years, false starts, distraction, and life its done. The project's opening statement;

          "I think it is everyone's dream to have an Epic city table. Mine too, and like most I have failed to create anything remotely cool and useful. Before there was never a plan or layout, just random projects here and there slapped together. Now there is a plan! 
          Today the dream starts, 08 JULY 2013. How long it will take? Will I ever finish the table?"

It took 4 years and 2 months.
          Initially I wanted the whole thing covered with FW buildings. Sadly each tile averages about +/-12 buildings and 26 plus road sections.  That is serious terrain time and funding. 

 That grey square is for a Tank Factory. Hmmm need to find that box.
DONE?   Well at least the first 6 tiles are. There are a spare 3 flat tiles looking for love and attention. Maybe one more city tile and the other two grass land.

Lessons Learned;


ForgeWorld Roads are not true or square. They are not the same thickness. It is the normal FW shit job and QC. I think next time I would make copies of originals. Then take those copies and make them true and square. Then makes copies off the corrected versions. eBay the originals.

ForgeWorld Buildings should be scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Then primed with auto primer. After painting dip them in AP strong tone. They chip and get damaged far too easily. I have to repair them after every time out.
Also I would like to chop a few of the buildings. If I had the time, I think I could make some interest crazy stuff, Ts and Crosses.

Lay out the boards;  1 with a machinist's jig. Example; label the tile North, East, West, South and jig the roads out on the north curb.   2 make sure all the roads line up from tile to tile, side to side.


 Just in time for HMGS' Fall In

No comments:

Post a Comment