Monday, September 20, 2021

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future Part IX


        I had or was thinking about more flat sections. Then I went to ebay. These boards are 5 or 6 hundred dollars now. I used to get them bare and new for 280 or painted like shit for 170. Holy shit maybe I should give up and sell the bastards. I have 4 complete plus extra sections.

            The river has been poured. As it dried, I got white water. Then after 48hrs it was mostly all white. No idea why or how it happened? The Woodland Scenics Realistic Water dried this way? I have used it before. Same bottle, Many times, and this never happened.

               The train guys say I poured it too thick. Directions are for dumb asses. Either way it may turn clear after fully curing. 2 weeks or 6 months. But they say don't mess with it. Worse case I will have to paint it.

            The next section is up. I smoothed out the rise to the river banks. Or made it more gradual. Next I need to seal the foam and add the tile grout to stiffen it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment