Friday, July 30, 2021

Terrain Boards, Cons and the Future Part VII

                Today was nice and hot and I didn't have shit to do. And I thought, what a great day to fix the Stones River RF&F terrain. You know spray/soak it in liquid white glue and have her dry in the sun. Well that did happen. As I was distracted by the GW board we had played on last weekend. It looked like crap.

                I had planned to originally do redo these boards with a killing fields mat. I know the Perry Bros did something like it to their boards. It is this fleece thing all static grassed up. Looks great.

        Then I did a test piece with a simular product. It sucked. You have to use floor glue to hold the fleece down and weight it to stick. The fleece stands up too high. Or raise the ground level up. Then your forced to blend in something a 1cm high. Its a mess.

        The Games Workshop Realms of battle board I was going to do this to was the grass lands, plains one. I had bought it used this way over 4 years ago while in Argentina. It sat in dad's house until I moved back. No idea how I thought I would get it down there. Or where exactly I would store it. Or who exactly I was going to play with in Santa Fe. (The closest group was a 7hr bus ride)

        The only thing I ever did too it was fill in these fucking skulls. GW and their goddam skulls. Then spray otter brown over it. That was it. 

        Today they will become the Afghan high desert plain boards. I will be laying down pure white glue and pushing it around with a water soaked crap 3" brush. Next shaking on GGS "Fields of New Zealand." Yeah Yeah its New Zealand, but the shit looks like Afghannyland to me. After that shake off that basing material that did not stick. I dragged them out back into the sun and soaked them in watered down white glue through a Lowie's sprayer bootle. White glue to hot water ratio 1 to 6.

Note;

                The GGS base ready stuff has tile grout in it. I used a drop cloth to shield the back table from my mess. The drop cloth did not stop the grout from passing through. If it stuck to the table, it would never ever come off and the wife would punch me square in the junk. Sooo if you do this, DONT use a drop cloth.

        The were 4 boards done. Then I was about out of the GGS stuff. 3 more bags of that crap were ordered. Here they sit in the back yard sunning themselves.


                These are the two river sections that will join the table.








No comments:

Post a Comment