Saturday, July 11, 2020

Photon S LCD issues

          I got my Photon in mid-May. It has been running non stop since arrival. About a 1000hrs and 1.5 liters or resin. The FEP screen was replaced around 600 hrs. 
          First problem was a failed print which cover the build area, like the entire LCD went active. Next some items on the plate half printed. Then nothing printed. Troubleshooting led to this
          The LCD fails the exposure test. As you can see the LCD is putting out, just not the pattern for the test. I ordered a new LCD and put in a service request with AnyCubic as I am under warranty.
          The line look like a connection problem. I opened it up and went to check the cable. AnyCubic looks to have had connection problems in the past. Every connection is hot glued in place. The ribbon cable for the LCD is 3M taped in 3 places.
         After unplugging and reconnecting everything. It pasted a screen test on the bench. I put it back together and moved over to the printing station. Then tried to get a picture of a passing test. Failure again.
        So now I am thinking; 1.) a bad cable 2.) a grounding issue 3.) shit design

But I have stopped, as I am under warranty. Waiting on AnyCubic to reply.

Update

        My thinking was wrong. It is heat related. The printer has sat off for >24hrs. After doing nothing, only turning it on, the exposure test passes. Continues to pass. I am going to upgrade the cool fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment